The Master's Degree in Information and Communication Technology Management (MGTIC) is a professional program that seeks to enhance professional life by providing knowledge and experiences in one of the four areas of specialization: Databases, Management, Network Connectivity or Software Development . The MGTIC is an educational program updated to the needs of the globalized environment, which allows interaction with other areas of knowledge. During the academic career, the student will be able to carry out a professional stay where they will start a project in an organization of the public or private sector, advised by tutors within the organization and the university; In this way, creativity and ingenuity will provide a solution to a real labor problem. In the same way, you will have the opportunity to carry out student mobility.
Why study with us?
High Educational Level
Duration of 4 Semesters
Professional title in some area related to Information Technology. Graduates from other areas who have advanced knowledge in ICT, may enter with prior authorization from the Selection Committee.
Depending on the area of emphasis that the applicant wishes to study, knowledge will be required in one of the following topics: software development, databases, network fundamentals, administrative process. In addition to reading and comprehension of the English Language endorsed by 400 TOEFL points or its equivalent in current TOEIC.
Skills and Attitudes
- Possess skills for exposing their ideas.
- Ability to identify, understand, analyze and synthesize information.
- Ability to make constructive criticism.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Creativity, personal organization and teamwork.
- Ethical and moral values.
The graduate of the Master's Degree in Information and Communication Technology Management will have the ability to plan, organize, develop, direct, control, propose and implement innovative technological projects in organizations, generating solutions that contribute to their competitiveness. , through the application of cutting-edge methodologies and techniques in the field of ICT within an ethical, responsible and sustainable social framework.
Specific competencies by area of emphasis.
- Management: Graduates from the Master's Degree in Information and Communication Technology Management will have the ability to plan, organize, develop, direct, control, propose and implement innovative technological projects in organizations, generating solutions that contribute to the competitiveness of the same, through the application of cutting-edge methodologies and techniques in the field of ICT within an ethical, responsible and sustainable social framework.
- Software development: The graduate will be competent to develop and manage information systems based on computers, through current development methodologies and technologies, to provide effective solutions that add value, being proactive, creative, responsible, committed and ethical.
- Database: The graduate must be able to propose, implement, manage digital communication systems, for the generation and transmission of information, in a reliable and secure manner, through communication protocols and standards, with a service attitude, discipline, responsibility and creativity.
- Telematics: The graduate must be able to propose, implement, and manage digital communication systems, for the generation and transmission of information, in a reliable and secure manner, through protocols and communication standards, with an attitude of service, discipline, responsibility and creativity.
The graduate of the Master's Degree in Information and Communication Technology Management is a professional with a solid accumulation of knowledge and technical skills that will allow them to apply them in a highly competitive professional practice. You will be able to solve problems through methodologies and technological tools in the public and private sectors.
MGTIC graduates have a wide range of possibilities to apply their knowledge and skills, developing technological development or applied research projects in any institution in our society.
From May 1st to November 25th, 2022
November 29th, 2023
December 6th and 7th, 2023
December 15th, 2023
Download files from:
-Connectivity and Networks
PhD. Hilda Beatriz Ramírez Moreno
MGTIC Coordinator, PhD in Education, Candidate for National Researcher, National Council of Science and Technology.
PhD. Esperanza Manrique Rojas
Deputy Director of FCA Tijuana, PhD in Education, Member of the Consolidated Academic Body "Information Systems and Business Management".
PhD. Margarita Ramírez Ramírez
Research and Graduate Coordinator of FCA Tijuana, PhD of Education, Leader of the Consolidated Academic Body "Information Systems and Business Management".
PhD. Carlos Alberto Flores Sánchez
Coordinator of Professional Social Service, PhD in Economic Sciences, Member of the Academic Body "Tourism Development"
PhD. Ricardo Fernando Rosales Cisneros
Director of the Center for Complexity Studies of Baja California, PhD of Administrative Sciences, Leader of the Academic Body, "Innovation and Technology Management."
PhD. Maricela Sevilla Caro
Coordinator of the Research Center for Digital Learning (CIAD-FCA), PhD of Education and Member of the Consolidated Academic Body "Information Systems and Business Management".
PhD. María del Consuelo Salgado Soto
Coordinator of the Bachelor's Degree in Business Intelligence and Informatics, PhD of Education, Member of the Consolidated Academic Body "Information Systems and Business Management.
PhD. Nora del Carmen Osuna Millán
Full-time Professor at FCA Tijuana, PhD in Education, has International Professional Certification in Negotiation Associate (NCN-A) by NGStudy.
PhD. José Manuel Villegas Izaguirre
Professor at FCA Tijuana, PhD in Technological Development, Member of the "Industrial Processes" Academic Body
The program in general and the study plan in particular, establish as an important premise to properly guide the activities of both teachers and students, to promote and achieve "the constant flow of academic, scientific and cultural products and services" through the link with the productive sector, either through an adequate training of professionals who will be properly inserted in their jobs, or in the elaboration of agreements that allow the development of technological projects that solve specific problems of the companies or general ones of the region.
To offer MGTIC students interaction with real projects and experience the workplace, the program includes collaboration agreements with organizations from the productive, social and governmental sectors. Such linkage agreements will allow students to contribute and receive knowledge when carrying out stays, projects or professional practices under the supervision of the professors of the core of the program.
The program currently has the following potential agreements to develop:
News and Events
9th Colloquium for the Presentation of Final Work Progress
Presentation of Advances by students of the II semester and Final Projects by students of the IV semester.
December 7th and 8th, 2022
Room C and D of the Graduate Building
Faculty of Administrative Sciences
PhD. Roberto Carlos Valdés Hernández
Faculty of Accounting and Administration
PhD. Hilda Beatriz Ramírez Moreno
Faculty of Administrative and Social Sciences
PhD. Karina Caro Corrales